Can we make Paul’s words our prayer? Try this...
(1) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, the God of all comfort, (2) the God of peace, (3) the God of hope, (4) the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, (5) our Savior Jesus Christ!
We (6) give thanks because of the grace of God that was given us in Christ Jesus. (7) Once we were disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, hated and hating. Though (8) we have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, we are justified by His grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. (9) Since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. For while we were still weak, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. But (10) God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ.
We no longer face (11) condemnation because we are in Christ Jesus. Indeed, (12) in Christ, we have become new creations. The old has passed away; we are made new. (13) We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works. In Christ Jesus, though we were far off, we have been brought near by the blood of Christ. Therefore, as (14) God’s temple, God’s Spirit dwells within us!
We earnestly pray (15) that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, will give us the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him, having the eyes of our hearts enlightened, that we will know what is the hope to which He has called us, what are the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His great might that He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places.
(16) We bow before the Father, believing that according to the riches of His glory He will grant us to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in our inner being, so that Christ will dwell in our hearts through faith, being rooted and grounded in love, with strength to comprehend what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that we will be filled with all the fullness of God.
(17) Lord Jesus Christ, grant Your people boldness and faith to believe that we (18) can do all things through Christ who provides and strengthens. Help us to (19) not be anxious, but rather by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving trust God. We are grateful that the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guards our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus. (20) Jesus Christ and God the Father, please help us comprehend that (21) Your grace is always sufficient!
(22) We pray that God will make us worthy of His calling so that the name of our Lord Jesus will be glorified. Embolden and enable us so that we will never (23) be ashamed of the gospel, knowing that it is the power of God for salvation (24)and that the sharing of our faith will be effective. (25) We give thanks to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him in our homes and neighborhoods, across our land, and around the world.
(26) Abba Father, we pray for ourselves, and for all of our Christian brothers and sisters; that (27) the God of endurance and encouragement will grant us to live in harmony with one another; that together we will with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ; that (28) the God of hope will fill us with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit we will abound in hope; that (29) the Lord of peace Himself will give us peace at all times in every way; that in us (30) love will abound more and more; and that we will be filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
(31) We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray, asking that we will be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy. With (32) supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings we plead on behalf of all people, for those in the government, and all who are in culturally significant positions.
(33) Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus, make us increase and abound in love for one another and for all, that He will establish our hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father. May (34) the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us. (35) To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Footnotes: (1) 2 Corinthians 1:3; (2) 1 Thessalonians 5:23; (3) Romans 15:13; (4) 1 Timothy 1:17; (5) 2 Timothy 2:10; (6) 1 Corinthians 1:4; (7) Romans 5:1, 6, 8; (8) Titus 3:3; (9) Romans 3:23-24; (10) Ephesians 2:4-5; (11) Romans 8:1; (12) 2 Corinthians 5:17; (13) Ephesians 2:10, 13; (14) 1 Corinthians 3:16; (15) Ephesians 1:17-20; (16) Ephesians 3:14-19; (17) Romans 5:1; (18) Philippians 4:13; (19) Philippians 4:6-7; (20) Galatians 1:1; (21) 2 Corinthians 12:9; (22) 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12; (23) Romans 1:16; (24) Philemon 1:6; (25) 2 Corinthians 2:14; (26) Romans 8:15; (27) Romans 15:5-6; (28) Romans 15:13; (29) 2 Thessalonians 3:16; (30) Philippians 1:9, 11; (31) Colossians 1:3, 11; (32) 1 Timothy 2:1-2; (33) 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13; (34) 2 Corinthians 13:14; (35) Ephesians 3:14